JOHN BRAMSTON PRIMARY SCHOOL
…TO REGISTER YOUR CHILD FOR FREE SCHOOL MEALS!
BY REGISTERING, IF YOU ARE ELIGIBLE, MEANS THE SCHOOL RECEIVES MORE FUNDING
The Government is allocating money to schools to help children from lower income families do their very best. This funding is called ‘Pupil Premium’ and because other school funding has been cut so drastically, it is important that we access this money.
"School receives £1300 for every child registered".
Please register to make sure your child and others in their class do not miss out.
HOW CAN I REGISTER?
First check if you qualify – it is not just if you are unemployed, check the list below…Registering is really quick and easy – if you think you qualify
- apply online at www.redbridge.gov.uk > free school meals
- ring LBR School Meals Awards on 020 8708 3114 or 3561
- by visiting the One Stop Shop in Lynton House, 255-259 High Road, Ilford IG1 1NNIf you want your child to have a free, healthy meal at lunchtime, that’s great!
That will save you £380 a year, and by registering your child the school will be entitled to more funding to support your child and other children.
- If you do not want your child to have school meals they can continue as normal – as long as you qualify and are registered, the school still receives the funding.
Register now, as it does not affect any other benefits you are claiming.
For further advice please speak to Jenny Eves, our Child & Family Worker on 07852 915796 or with the school office.
DO YOU QUALIFY?
You can register your child for Free School Meals if you receive any of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guarantee element of the State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided you are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income that does not exceed £16,190 (as assessed by HM Revenue & Customs)
- Working Tax Credit ‘run on’ – the payment you may receive for a further four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit, or after you start to work less than 16 hours a week.
BUT MY CHILD MIGHT RECEIVE FREE SCHOOL MEALS AUTOMATICALLY,
WHY DO I HAVE TO APPLY?
For every child eligible for Free School Meals, the school will receive the costs of the meals to pay for them, currently £380 a year.
If you qualify and apply, the school will receive £1300 per year :-)
Help the school
by helping yourselves
to what you are entitled to…